The objectives for which the school was established include:
- To enhance the availability and quality of manpower for all sectors of the economy.
- To provide a conducive environment for quality learning, comparable to what obtains in other parts of the globe.
- To provide learning opportunities for Executives who need to update their knowledge and acquire new competencies but are too busy to enroll into the formal educational system.
- To bridge the gap between theory and practice through the choice of appropriate methodology and faculty.
- To improve the availability and quality of indigenous management literature.
- To augment Government's effort through the provision of qualitative education.